Organizing Happens

I'm starting to put in play the ideas I've been pondering for months now.

First, this shelf set was supposed to hold all my projects in progress, and "on deck" to be coming up next. I finally cleaned up all the junk, organized the patterns and put them into envelopes and boxes, found all my current projects in progress, and the eleventy bajillion yards of linen I have for Pennsic garb projects, and put them all on this shelf.


It even is organized in my head!  Top left is closest to my sewing table, so that's the top priority project.
1) The gold fabric is going to be made into dance ribbons for Miss Lily at Allegro Dance Studios.
2) The pile just to the right of that is 2 hoods I'm making, but need handstitching work. I'm going to get them into my "travel to take to waiting rooms" bag soon.
3) Immediately underneath on the second shelf is NJ's Medieval gown pieces that I'm gathering to get ready to start work on that. (See other blog posts starting here).
4) Next to that is a pile of fleece to make Sarah a new cloak. Yes, in "safety orange" and red. She will be visible from space...

5) The bottom shelf is all stuff for Pennsic - linen and silk to be made into various items for the whole family.  Basically I'll "get to these" as the top shelves empty up.


I do have other projects on the shelves, too, but they are things that I either don't really want to work on, or else I have no specific purpose for what I want to make, yet. They'll sit there until I get inspired, or decide I need the space and put them in another spot. 

Next, I need to sort through my "non-priority" fabric and decide what to do with it all. Now that I have 2 empty 22-gallon totes, it should be quick and easy to get it put away!

Comments