It seems I'll never learn

Somehow...I always sew 2 lefts...

This is how it goes, sometimes. I get inspired and work on projects for weeks on end, and then suddenly , I just lose all motivation. It's been months since I touched this project, but today (Mother's Day), I had the time and opportunity to pick it back up again. After spending a bit of time just figuring out where I left off, I sewed in bits of ribbon for the side lacing. This included ripping out three out of four side seams from the armpit to the waist first.

Then I laid the pieces out side by side...and slowly the realization started to sink in...


I had sewn both sides facing the same way. 

Two left sides.*

<sigh>

*A bit of history: when I first started  sewing for my husband, I cut two left sleeves or sides of his doublets at least a dozen times before I finally seemed to learn to check my work. It's been a few years since I've done this, but apparently old habits really do die hard.

Comments