A simple clothes-peg bag from recycled pieces

About 2 years ago, I bought a great clothes-peg bag. It had a metal hook that hangs off the clothesline, and a piece of plastic that holds the bag open in order to reach the clothes-pegs easily.  I used it for two summers, and then the fabric disintegrated into dust...

I saved the metal hanger, and the piece of plastic, believing that some day I would make a new bag to put it on.

Last year, I purchased a new set of sheets that came in a bag of the same material as the sheets - a nice heavy cotton.  The bag had a square bottom, and a "lid". It *also* had a perfectly convenient seam, where I slit open on end and inserted the plastic bit left over from the other clothes-peg bag.

Then I added 2 grommets to the lid of the bag, inserted the metal hanger, and voila! My new clothes-peg bag!


Comments